Beruforge 150Sustainable wire coating
Singer introduced the phosphating of semi-finished products in forming technology way back at the start of the thirties in the last century. Even today, Singer’s patent still represents the established state-of-the-art in cold forming. For a current perspective, this method has a number of disadvantages, as it requires a great deal of energy and chemicals, which have to be disposed of properly after use.
Global competition and cost pressure, tightening energy and resource efficiency requirements in industrial processes, as well as environmental protection requirements demand alternative production processes.
As part of a joint project, multiple alternative lubrication systems were tested. The result: an innovative coating method superior to all previous phosphate-free systems – the single-layer systems of the Beruforge 150 series.
Traditional, widely used multi-layer method (Singer patent, 1934)
Starting material: blasted, non-phosphated continuous cast rod. The wire producer then only applies a single layer that acts as a conversion layer.
- Eliminating the lubricant carrier layer reduces the solids in the forming process, which improves the cleanliness in the machine
- Longer lifetime of forming oils
- Up to 20% longer lifetime of forming tools
- Easy handling with excellent adhesion and fast drying
- Simple application through immersion or during finishing possible
- Exceptional long-term corrosion protection thanks to the lubricant matrix with a mixture of organic and inorganic components
- Can be used on all non-phosphated wire surfaces and products as well as on stainless materials and aluminum surfaces
- Lubricant residues can easily be removed with an aqueous solutions after forming